There are several factors that will determine the price of your policy. At Cato Insurance Group, we will ask you many questions about your home such as:
- When was your home built?
- What kind of roof do you have? (hip, gable, mansard etc. with tile, metal or shingle)
- Do you have a pool?
- Do you own a pet?
Other factors that are considered are:
- Claim history
- Continuous coverage
- Coverage limits on the dwelling and personal property
- The deductibles: the higher deductible the lower the premium, but that increases your out-of-pocket expenses. In Florida, there are two deductibles. One for hurricane and one for all other perils.
- Credits and discounts: The most common credit is for wind mitigation which can represent a substantial savings on the premium. Discounts are given for monitored alarms for burglar and fire.
Have questions? Please call the insurance experts at Cato Insurance Group at 1-888-775-CATO (2286).